Shells are so undervalued that I often find it hard to comprehend that objects as fascinating or magnificent as this can be overlooked. You are probably wondering why I am telling you this. It’s because this post is about a mysterious island of shells, which I will tell you about after I give you some fascinating shell facts.
Some of the fascinating shells facts are as follows:
- A seashell is the hard and protective outer coating of an animal that lives in the sea; the shell is a part of the animal’s body.
- The shell of an animal, such as a mollusk, normally grows as the animal grows older and larger.
- Shells have been discovered on the planet for over 500 million years
- Junonia shells, the most valuable seashell, can be sold for $80 to $100 or more.
- In many parts of the world, shells are used as musical instruments, jewelry, and even cash.
You are probably wondering why I am telling you all of this. It’s because I want you to understand that shells are more than just a thing, and there’s a tour company called Sand Dollar Shelling that has taken it upon themselves to take you to an island full of rare and valuable shells. This shelling tour company will take you on a thrilling boat voyage to remote islands deep within the 10,000 Islands, where the most valuable seashells are still untouched. Junonia shell, a more precious shell, is also found here.
With your family, enjoy the best boat tours on Marco Island and Naples, including shelling, fishing, and dolphin excursions, and book your tickets today with Sand Dollar Shelling to make your upcoming trip more exciting and educational.